When do I get paid?

All contractors get paid on, or around the 20th of each month for the previous month’s work. Please refer to the payment schedule you should have received in your Contractor Pack when you started your assignment.

What happens if I miss the deadline inputting my hours/days into Invoxy?

If you miss the timesheet deadlines your payment may be delayed. If you think you may have trouble meeting the deadlines or retrieving approval please contact your Consultant immediately to discuss options.

How do I know if I should be GST registered?

If you expect to earn more than $60,000 in a financial year then you must be GST registered and you must charge GST to your clients. For more information please visit http://www.ird.govt.nz/gst/gst-registering/register-who/.

What is professional indemnity insurance? And why do I have to have this type of insurance?

Professional indemnity insurance covers you for any risk associated when providing services to Alexander James and its clients. You can choose to obtain your own insurance or opt to deduct $1 from your hourly rate (or $8 a day) up to a maximum of $220 and be covered via our provider. If you choose the latter option, please let us know as soon as possible and we can register on your behalf. If you have obtained a policy through your own networks please send through a copy of your certification so we have this on file.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Alexander James clients require all our contractors to be insured. Whichever option you decide a minimum $1,000,000 cover is required. Call 09 302 5890 or email accounts@alexanderjames.co.nz to find out more.

What happens if the person approving my timesheet changes, or is away on leave?

The person approving your timesheets can be changed in Invoxy easily enough whether it is permanent or temporary. It does need to be done at our end so you therefore need to contact your Consultant to let them know, including the name and email address of the person approving your timesheet.

What do I do if I’m having problems logging into Invoxy?

Please contact Sarah Carlson on sarah@alexanderjames.co.nz / 021 022 92025 or Antonia Churcher on antonia@alexanderjames.co.nz / 021 065 2542 or contact the main office line on 09 302 5890.

Should I be a sole trader or create a limited company?

This is something Alexander James is unable to legally advise you on. We recommend you seek advice from a personal financial advisor, as well as referring to http://www.business.govt.nz/starting-and-stopping/business-structures/overview-of-structures/choosing-a-business-structure.

Whilst on my assignment, what do I do if I encounter any issues relating to harassment, bullying, etc?

Please contact your Consultant at Alexander James as soon as possible.

What happens if I’m approached by the Client offering me an extension or permanent position?

Again, please contact your Consultant before agreeing to any terms with the Client. As you’re contracting via Alexander James we can negotiate any further agreements with the Client on your behalf.

Call 027 000 0000?