- Well-known NZ organisation in growth mode - Ellerslie office location.
- Great development opportunity through involvement with challenging projects
- Super flexible working arrangements. Plenty of working from home.
Our client is an iconic New Zealand business who provide exceptional service to our community every single day. They pride themselves on their strong values, their future-focus and working together to become a better NZ.
The purpose of this role is to prepare and deliver forward-looking financial and commercial analytics and insights to inform decision making and achieve strategic goals. The role will sit within the Data Analytics & Business Intelligence team, reporting to the National Manager of FP&A, and working alongside other Analysts and Finance Business Partners.
This role will give you the rare opportunity to get heavily involved with an advanced data and analytics strategy. You will be part of their journey to use the best analytical tools to better deliver initiatives to the community.
This will include:
- Building collaborative working relationships within this team, as well as wider finance, to support with financial reporting, planning and analysis that informs strategic financial decision-making by the Board, CEO and Executive Leadership Team (ELT).
- Assisting in preparation of annual and quarterly financial planning projections, including budget-setting and forecasting. This will include visualisation to enhance the understanding, engagement and accuracy/quality of information to your stakeholders.
- Processing high volumes of data for integration between planning and BI tools and accounting systems and ensuring the relevance of data in supporting these initiatives.
- Identifying and resolving errors and discrepancies in data and mitigating risk.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- 4+ years experience in a data analytics role, whether this be a true financial analyst role or more of an insights analyst/ business analyst with good financial exposure and understanding of basic accounting principles.
- A strong mindset of learning, developing and staying on the cutting edge of technology is integral to this role. Future-focused thinker, hardworking and passionate about your craft.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, ideally working across multiple entities. Must be flexible and resilient to change, excellent with prioritisation and able to stay grounded in a busy team.
- Advanced ‘modern’ Excel skills including Power Query.
- Strong working experience with PowerBI/ Tableau/ similar dashboarding tool, as well as SQL experience.
- Well-developed interpersonal ability and communication skills
If this sounds like you, submit your application by following the instructions below. Alternatively, contact Casey O’Shea on 021 135 4032 for more information.